Dress ~ The first fitting this past Wednesday went well. I brought my shoes and sash with me. It fit perfectly but Oxsana convinced me to do more alterations to attach my sash. I think it will be better since the sash was making me look wider when I would tie it around for some reason. The dress will not be ready 'til the 3rd...8 freaking days before the wedding! I'm a little nervous but she's good so I trust her.
Officiant ~ We are meeting with him on Wednesday and I think this is a check on our list. He is a pastor at J's dad's church. Another check in the flowers. I think.
Flowers ~ I found Leann on Charlottesville's Craigslist just to ask about her wholesale pricing for the hydrangeas. She asked about our wedding details and next thing you know we're exchanging ideas and quotes. She offered me an awesome pricing and I don't have to deal with the set-up on the day of at the farm. She'll be doing my bouquet, 3 boutonnieres, and 2 corsages. The bouquet will be roses and freesias and the boutonnieres and corsages will be a mixture of the same flowers. She could have mailed the hydranges and arrangements but instead she's driving to the farm for an extra $50 to deliver the flowers and arrange the hydrangeas! That's a freaking steal! I of course googled freesias and roses and found this lovely thing. I love it!
Monogram ~ I painted our monogram tonight. Non-toxic paint of course. I hope it turns out nice or I'll be back to square one not unless we scratch the whole topper thing which should be fine since our cake will have the height without it.
Menu ~ is done and we love it! Our executive chef and food and beverage director went all out. I'm excited to feed our guests. It's 4 courses and that's obviously not counting appetizers during the cocktail hour nor the cake for dessert.
Guest Count ~ we are somehow at 47. Hmmm is all I can say.
Linens ~ I picked out pretty ones but I don't know if I want to spend the money on them.
The groom-to-be is still without a suite, we still don't have a musician for the ceremony, and I somehow haven't heard from my make up artist. These better be done this coming week or I will really start to freak out!
No comments:
Post a Comment