Saturday, September 13, 2008

28 More Days To Go...

but who is really counting?? I can't believe that we are less than 30 days aways and there's still a bajillion things to do! We have somehow added more to the wedding than we originally planned and yet I try to find DIY crap to do. I hate having to find stuff. I don't like calling people and I try to do everything on email as much as I can.

J and I really need to come up with a game plan on our wedding day. We don't have a timeline whatsoever but we do know that we're trying to show up at the ceremony a little late. Not together or at the same time of course. But how sad is that?? We don't want our guests to not have anything to do between after the ceremony and the reception time. I'm just really glad that my office mate, we can call her D, did weddings before and she knows how things are done. I have made her my un-official wedding planner. Haha. I did find bottled water labels though. I convinced J that we need custom printed labels for the bottled water that we are providing our guests during the ceremony just in case it's hot. I need to order them but I need to buy a bottle first so I can measure the label.

I've done a great deal this past couple of weeks though...

Dress ~ is currently being altered. I went to this alterations place that I found through theknot. I have my first fitting this coming Wednesday and I'm supposed to bring my sash and shoes this time. I didn't bring my shoes with me since my dress is not full length but she wants to see the whole thing. She also wants to see what the sash will look like since the part where the sash is supposed go is pretty thick and she's suggesting that I might need to get a sash specially made. We'll see how that goes.

Cake ~ I dropped off the payment on Thursday. This is done now. We just need to figure out if we want to rent Alicia's stand or if we are going to buy our own.

Flowers ~ my mom's co-worker has offered to do my flowers and to let me use her hook-up at the wholesale place to get the hydrangeas but my mom hasn't seen her at work nor has she called me back.

DJ, Ceremony Musician, and Officiant ~ we're waiting for J's dad to let us know what's going on with these.

We still have a long list of things to do:
- J's outfit (suit, shoes, tie, the whole thing!)
- accommodations the night of the wedding
- his accommodations the night before
- how we're getting to the farm
- menu
- song list if we ever find a freaking dj and musician!
...and the list can go on and on...

Our engagement pictures gallery are up though. We looove the pictures soo much and we can't wait for the wedding!

No comments: