We are now husband and wife...I completely abandoned this blog two weeks before the wedding. It was really hectic and crazy and I had an important group at work the Monday before the wedding. Sleep was definitely out of the picture during those two weeks. It was insane. But somehow I found more stuff to do. They weren't a big deal but still stuff nonetheless.
Now that everything is over and a little calmer, I can sit here and share everything that we did before the wedding, share pictures, and review our vendors.
J and I drove up to the farm the week before the wedding to do a final walk through and to drop off ceremony stuff. We didn't quite agree on where the ceremony was going to be set up 'cause I couldn't quite remember how big the area was. The visit that weekend definitely helped since I was able to see it for the last time and I agreed on where he wanted to set the area. We also realized during the drive that there were two turns off Patterson instead of just one. I knew we should have done the drive before the invitations went to print. The two turns lead us to make some directional signs for each turn which we didn't do 'til the Thursday before the wedding.
The week before was crazier than I imagined! J's great-aunt passed away on Monday and my grandmother in the Philippines had a stroke that Tuesday. I was just waiting for the weather to change and tell me that it was going going to rain like hell on our wedding day. I was off from work starting that Thursday and didn't return 'til yesterday. I wish I had taken more days off to just relax.
This was pretty much how the week of the wedding went down...
Monday and Tuesday - work and more work
Wednesday - work for me while J stayed at home, we had dinner with Shawn to talk about our wedding timeline and to pick our first dance song
Thursday - got our marriage license, picked up some wine from Trader Joe's, wine tasting at Shawn's while we created 3 wedding signs
Friday - picked up linens from Classic Party, bought 2 cases of wine from Trader Joe's, picked up our wedding bands, got a car wash, had my eyebrows waxed, lunch with the parents at Tara Thai, and got my nails with my mom.
Sometime during that week I also had our menu cards printed, created reserved signs for the ceremony (for our parents, grandfather, aunt and uncle), and reserved sign for the reception.
Next up...pictures and vendors :)
J and I drove up to the farm the week before the wedding to do a final walk through and to drop off ceremony stuff. We didn't quite agree on where the ceremony was going to be set up 'cause I couldn't quite remember how big the area was. The visit that weekend definitely helped since I was able to see it for the last time and I agreed on where he wanted to set the area. We also realized during the drive that there were two turns off Patterson instead of just one. I knew we should have done the drive before the invitations went to print. The two turns lead us to make some directional signs for each turn which we didn't do 'til the Thursday before the wedding.
The week before was crazier than I imagined! J's great-aunt passed away on Monday and my grandmother in the Philippines had a stroke that Tuesday. I was just waiting for the weather to change and tell me that it was going going to rain like hell on our wedding day. I was off from work starting that Thursday and didn't return 'til yesterday. I wish I had taken more days off to just relax.
This was pretty much how the week of the wedding went down...
Monday and Tuesday - work and more work
Wednesday - work for me while J stayed at home, we had dinner with Shawn to talk about our wedding timeline and to pick our first dance song
Thursday - got our marriage license, picked up some wine from Trader Joe's, wine tasting at Shawn's while we created 3 wedding signs
Friday - picked up linens from Classic Party, bought 2 cases of wine from Trader Joe's, picked up our wedding bands, got a car wash, had my eyebrows waxed, lunch with the parents at Tara Thai, and got my nails with my mom.
Sometime during that week I also had our menu cards printed, created reserved signs for the ceremony (for our parents, grandfather, aunt and uncle), and reserved sign for the reception.
Next up...pictures and vendors :)
No comments:
Post a Comment